Upcoming Running Events in Iloilo City and Province

----- -----.: October :.----- -----

Oct 2- Runrio Regional Series – Iloilo Leg

October 8- Iloilo Anti-Rabies 5k and 10k Run

----- ------.: November :.------ -----

TBA

----- -----.: December :.----- -----

Zensah Calf/Shin Sleeve Review


Last Monday, after almost a month of waiting a postman arrived to give me a notice that my package is ready to be picked at the post office. It was my 3rd compression sleeve to combat my left leg shin splint. Before this purchase i used a 250 pesos compression stocking. The problem with it is that the compression is a little tight although not in the point that it is uncomfortable. Also the cuff is a little uncomfortable because it is small and it feels like digging in your skin.

My second compression sleeve is an Adidas Techfit  calf compression sleeve. It is a little cheap at around 600 pesos. Please note that this only one piece not two. This product really compress your calf to the point that it hurts if you wear it for an extended of time. The material is a little thinner just like my socking with rubber webbing that support the sleeve and the target muscle. One problem i encounter is the size is maybe a little small. I buy the recommended medium BTW. It is hard to put on, especially in the ankle area. So i give it to my sister and she loves it to the point that shes contemplating to buy another one. Also it is not effective on my shin splint.

So after so many research i ordered the Zensah calf/shin sleeve as it is the first compression sleeve that targets the shin and the calf. Its an expensive product, almost a new pair or shoes but what i have found out this product really works as advertise. The materials are first class. It is a thick  94% nylon and 6% spandex. It is anti microbial as i tested it for a week without washing it still smell fresh in this tropical climate.  The fit is snug and the compression is comfortable, not too tight not too loose.

So, does it really relieves the pain in my shin? I don't know really as i have not have any shin splint in a week before this product arrive. Maybe this is due to a new shoes, a leg strengthening exercise, a good warm-up before running and some stretching.

What it gives me for a moment is it makes my calf area warm and loose in my early morning runs. The recovery from muscle soreness is fast as i now able to run everyday and at a greater distance. I use my zensah almost 24/7  as it is really comfortable and keeps my legs fresh. Too bad i only have one pair.

Update: Run my first 10k race today with Zensah and its really effective. No shin and calf pain whatsoever and best of all my legs is still fresh. Glad to found this product. 

2 comments:

Avat@r said...

did you follow the manufacturer sizing info? or did you have to go a size lower?

0tep said...

yes i did follow the manufacturers sizing info. Sizing is also dependent on what kind of compression you like. If you follow the manufacturers sizing the compression is a little mild although other individuals like the extreme compression.